Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a registration process?
- When should I plan to arrive and depart?
- Are siblings and other relatives invited?
- Where can I find information on undergraduate organizations and their events?
- My mailing address information is incorrect. How is this information updated?
- Are administrative offices open during Family Weekend?
- May I attend classes?
- What dining options are available to parents?
- When is Family Weekend 2017?
- Where can I download the Mobile App for Yale Events?
There is no formal registration. Families of current students and their guests are welcome to attend events as time and interest permit.
Families arrive as their work obligations and other commitments permit. The more popular events (faculty lectures and panel discussions) are generally scheduled for mid-afternoon on Friday. Most families leave on Sunday morning.
Parents of current students may be accompanied by guests. Please note that some events have admission fees.
Parent mailing addresses are updated online yearly by undergraduates.
Normal business hours for University departments are 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M., Monday through Friday. With the exception of open houses listed on the Family Weekend schedule, administrative offices are closed during the weekend.
Most classes cannot accommodate additional seating. Permission to attend a course section or class is granted by the instructor only. Faculty lectures, scheduled for Friday afternoon, offer an excellent opportunity to experience a Yale lecture.
Family Weekend 2017 is scheduled for November 3-5.